About the programme
- Can I apply to the programme as an artist duo/group?
Yes – It is important that all of you fill out the application form and pay the application fee.
- Is there an age restriction?
No – we do not handle an age restriction. However, we have a preference for artists under the age of 28.
- Are there requirements regarding previous schooling?
We do not require any specific previous schooling.
- When will I hear more?
Applicants can expect to hear more in June.
- What language is spoken in the programme, do I need any certificate?
We communicate in English. It is not necessary to upload any certificate.
- Can I apply to the programme as a musician/poet/non visual artist?
De Ateliers offers a programme for visual artists only.
- How many participants are accepted into the programme?
Each year approximately 10 participants are accepted into the programme.
- When are the applications open and what is the deadline?
Applications are open from December 1st, 2018 until February 1st, 2019 midnight GMT +1 (Central European Standard Time).
- Is there an exception to the application fee?
Applicants from and living in the ‘Least Developed Countries’, ‘Other Low Income Countries’ and ‘Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list are exempt from payment. Applicants from the ‘Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories’ on the DAC list do have to pay the application fee. Please see the DAC list attached here.
About the application form
- How many images can I upload? What is the minimum and maximum?
You can upload a total of 20 images. We handle a minimum of 10 images. You can upload multiple images of the same work if you wish.
- What should I put under ‘remarks’?
Please give a description of the admitted works under remarks. This can be a specific explanation or a description of a work. If you want to give a more general description, it can be written under ‘description of work’.
- Do I need to upload a letter of recommendation?
No – we do not accept letters of recommendation.
- What do you mean with ‘medium’?
Under medium you can mention the materials used for the work.